“…and I am out with lanterns, looking for myself.” — Emily Dickinson
Exodus 20 records God giving to Moses the Ten Commandments.
There first four commandments define our ideal relationship with God.
- You shall have no other gods before me
- You shall not make for yourself an idol
- You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God
- Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
The last six commandments define our ideal relationship with each other.
- Honor your father and your mother
- You shall not murder
- You shall not commit adultery
- You shall not steal
- You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor
- You shall not covet
You may have heard we Christians are no longer under the law, meaning our relationship with God does not depend on following the laws communicated to Moses from God.
Which of the Ten Commandments are you not required to follow? Continue reading