Is God a man? Is He made like a man? Does He have physical characteristics like a man?
Did He really write the Ten Commandments with His finger?
Exodus 31:18 – When He had finished speaking with him upon Mount Sinai, He gave Moses the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written by the finger of God.
Moses wrote most of the laws as spoken by God.
Moses had been on Mount Sinai for forty days. God had given him instructions regarding the tabernacle, the priests, and the rules of conduct for the nation of Israel.
Moses received the Ten Commandments from God.
Moses also received the Ten Commandments from God. These ten laws were not written down by Moses. According to scripture they were written by God in stone then given to Moses.
Is Exodus 31:18 just symbolic and not to be taken literally?
- According to Strong’s Concordance
- The word ‘finger’ is translated from the Hebrew word meaning the forefinger.
- The word ‘written’ is translated from the Hebrew word meaning ‘to write.”
- The word ‘God’ is translated from the Hebrew word meaning God.
- The word ‘gave’ is translated from the Hebrew word meaning ‘to give.’